ELEMENTARY COLLEGE PREP CHECKLIST
If you have a K-5 student and are wondering where to start, here are just a few suggestions for preparing for a successful journey to higher education.
- Start saving, either in a savings account or a 529 plan.
- Instill a love for learning by reading books to your child and engaging in homework and projects.
- Talk to your children using the following conversation starters:
- Tell them how you prepared for your career.
- Ask them what subject they like best in school.
- Ask them what they want to be when they grow up.
- Ask them what they are really good at.
- Ask them about what they think makes them unique.