Now that you are registered, you and your student can access tutoring. Tutors will always be available for on-demand tutoring (no appointment necessary) during program hours. You can also pre-schedule tutoring sessions through the online platform.
Here's what you need to do to prepare for a successful tutoring session:
After you’ve registered, sign-in to the online tutoring platform (otherwise known as Pearl) on a laptop or desktop computer
Request a tutoring session –
- For On-demand tutoring (tutoring right now) during program hours, click the subject you need help with under “10 Minute Live Tutoring Now” area of the dashboard.
- For Pre-scheduled tutoring, book a session by clicking the “Book Ahead” area of your dashboard and schedule with an instructor. In the notes, indicate how our tutors can support your student and include your student’s grade level.
Ensure that you are using the right technology to join your session:
- Use a laptop/desktop
- Connect to stable internet
- Using Chrome and make sure it is up to date
- Follow the tech checklist that appears before entering your session
- More specific technical specifications can be found in this article
Be prepared to communicate how our tutors can help your student. Bring homework worksheets or anything else you need help with to your tutoring session. The online classroom allows students and tutors to share their screens so they can work on problems together.
Fill out the post-session report after your session to help us understand how we are doing!